Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tina Brown Defends Hillary: She Was Just Having a Bad Hair Day



So Hillary Clinton displayed a rare show of public anger yesterday during a town hall in Kinshasa, Congo—after a university student asked her what “Mr. Clinton” thought of a World Bank concern about a Chinese loan proffer to the government of Congo. (The student later explained that the translation had been wrong; he’d been meaning to ask about Mr. Obama’s thoughts.)

But: “You want me to tell you what my husband thinks”? Clinton shot back. “My husband is not Secretary of State, I am. So if you ask me my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband.” (Yes. As Drudge has it in the site’s current banner headline:

So: what made Clinton momentarily abandon the “diplomacy” side of “public diplomacy”?

My husband is not the Secretary of State. I am. You ask my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband.”So said Hillary Clinton at a town hall meeting in Africa Monday when a college student through an interpreter asked her what former President Clinton thought about the economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment